Flourless Hazelnut & Chocolate Cake Gluten Free Recipe
A delicious cake, ready in about an hour and gone in less than a day. Recipe? Right here below:
150g Dark Chocolate. We used Amedei Toscano Black 70%
150g Unsalted Butter
200g Brown Sugar
35g Cocoa Powder - sifted
85ml Hot Water
100g Altalanga Raw/Toasted Hazelnuts or Hazelnut Meal
4 Organic Eggs - separated
1. Melt the chocolate & butter at bain-marie (make sure the bowl never touches the hot water).
2. If you're not using Hazelnut meal, then blitz the hazelnuts in a food processor. Make it the consistency you prefer. We used the Raw Hazelnuts, leaving the skin on because it's full of antioxidants and nutrients ;)
3. In a bowl, sift the cacao powder into the hot water, then mix well till there are no lumps left.
4. Add the hazelnut meal, sugar, cacao mixture into the melted chocolate. Combine well. When the temperature is lukewarm, add the yolks.
5. In a different bowl, whisk the egg whites until you get stiff peaks. Now, transfer 1/3 of the egg whites into the other bowl and mix well. Done? Then gently fold the rest of the egg whites in using a circular motion, from the bottom up.
6. Pour the mix into a cake tin, then place in the oven at 170°C for 50 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven, let cool. Serve with tea, coffee or if you're feeling adventurous with a @meantimebrewing Chocolate Porter. Enjoy!